Using computer settings:
- Open your computer map and select the corresponding MOV file.
- Check the “File name extensions” on the map header. This needs to be enabled to change the extension.
- Right click the file and hit “Rename”.
- Change the extension “.mov” to “.mp4”. Because MP4 is a subset of the QuickTime standard, you can change a MOV file to a MP4 format by simply changing the extension.
Using free softwares:
- Download the Handbrake software. It is available for both Mac and Windows.
- Start the program.
- Drag your “.mov”-file to the Adapter window and select MP4 as “Output Settings”.
- Hit “Start Encode”.
Handbrake is just one example of a free software. Feel free to use any of your preference.